This Post Was Last Updated on
Self Worth Quotes in Relationships
A healthy relationship can only flourish when the two parties involved have first connected with each other, and truly love who they are, what they are, etc., so that they are comfortable in their skin. As the saying goes, “you can’t give what you do not have”, so is it with love/relationships and self-worth? Your partner can only give a similar measure of love that he/she has for self to you; hence, if they have not first sincerely loved themselves, it is not very likely that they can give that to you.
Therefore, as much as it is crucial that you serenade each other every often and consciously do stuff to make each other feel loved and valued. It is equally important for each person to ensure that they are at balance with themselves and consciously make positive effort to improve on their self worth, not only by word but also by action. ─ If you’re not yet in a relationship, spend time building your self-worth first because in doing so, you will naturally attract a similar individual.
This means that both of you will each be giving yourselves a full package that has value. “If you can love, love yourself first; love yourself enough to take the actions required for your happiness; then you can love another – you can only truly “love” as much as you love yourself.”
In this post, we will be sharing with you lots of inspiring self-worth quotes for relationships that will help you to demonstrate love by giving it unconditionally to yourself, give you more inner stability and ultimately encourage happiness. Enjoy!
Self-love Quotes for Relationships
1. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it, especially for yourself.” – M. Scott Peck
2. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
– Robert Morley
3. ” If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” – Wayne Dyer
4. “You unconsciously ask others to love you “that much” because “this” is how much you love yourself” – Eddy Bazz.
5. “A man cannot be comfortable without his approval.” – Mark Twain
6. “The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.” – Mark Twain
7. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
– Harvey Fierstein
8. “You can be the most beautiful person in the world, and everybody sees the light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter.” – C. JoyBell, C.
9. “Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted; a moment of your life thrown away… It’s not like you have forever.”
– C. JoyBell, C.
10. “Eat as you love yourself. Move as you love yourself. Speak as you love yourself. Act as you love yourself.” – Eddy Bazz
11. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Eddy Bazz
Don’t Miss >>> Facebook Status Quotes on Relationships
12. “You, as much as anybody in the entire universe, also deserves your love and affection.” – Buddha
13. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
14. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, but you also have an OBLIGATION to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
16. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
17. “What lies behind and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
19. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
– Parker Palmer
20. “When you adopt the view that nothing exists that is not part of you, there is no one who exists who is not part of you, any judgment you make is self-judgment, and any criticism you level is self-criticism. You will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.” – Harry Palmer
21. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
22. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” – William James
Realizing your Worth Quotes
23. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
24. “So then, the relationship of self to others is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself.” – Alan Watts
25. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
26. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
27. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
28. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
29. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
30. “I don’t want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.” – Henry James
31. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
– Denis Waitley
32. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.”
– Andrew Matthews
33. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.”
– Katrina Mayer
Trending >>> Facebook Family Captions in English
34. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.”
– Deborah Day
35. “Life is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
– Eddy Bazz
We hope you found these helpful and meaningful. Remember to put in all of your best effort to loving, accepting/celebrating/respecting, and having the most value for yourself. Nobody should love or have more value for you more than yourself; “it’s not bad that someone should; it only means you have more work to do” – it’s like being a parent and having someone. Say, the nanny, take better care, in the way of affection and love, for your child, better than yourself; in which case, you should do better!… Yourself; who you are; your person, is your first child; it’s the one we are all born with, and you owe it to you to build the best self-worth and take responsibility to “love” yourself. Put the words to action, and make positive and conscious effort to improve your self-esteem, and see how your life and relationship becomes a much happier one.